Bohemian style and Boho décor are described as carefree and creative, filling your home with interesting items full of life and culture. They can be items you’ve picked up from your travels or quirky and eclectic patterned soft furnishings you’ve bought throughout the years.
Warm earthy colours and metallics are the perfect tones for Boho décor, with browns, greens and greys being the central colours.
How do I make my garden boho?
Creating a garden full of bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessories with lots of layers and textures can create a wonderful garden vibe.
And the best thing? It’s really easy to do. Just fill your garden with things you love, from the places you’ve travelled to your favourite cushion.
I recently wrote about how to turn your garden into a Mediterranean oasis, this time it’s all about those laid-back festival vibes.
Read more >>>
How to Create a Mediterranean Garden in 10 Easy Steps
Think tassels, wicker, rattan, frills, rugs and earthy-toned plant pots and you’re well on your way to creating a bohemian garden ambience.
Bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessory Ideas
Here are a few ideas to help you with your boho garden decor.
There’s no better way to create an inviting and relaxing vibe in your garden than including bohemian style outdoor furniture and styling it up with lots of different textures and layers.
I am a huge fan of patterns in the garden and an outdoor rug is a perfect way to introduce it into your outdoor space. Choosing Morrocan style patterns and pairing them with rattan outdoor furniture gives you that instant boho garden decor look.
Try and use rugs and cushions with earthy and tribal patterns which clash and dress your sofa and deck chairs with throws. The more eclectic the better, but stick to a similar colour palette with browns, deep reds and orange and tan shades.
- Aztec Terracotta cushion, beanbagbazaar.co.uk – Add a touch of tribal print to your garden.
- Outdoor Benito Kazak rug, John Lewis – to match your Aztec cushion
- Large Bosie Jango Rug, HM – you can’t go wrong with a jute rug in the garden
- Tasselled cushion cover, HM – stripes are the perfect contrast to Aztec prints
- Merida print garden cushion, John Lewis – a bolster cushion for the sofa or floor
- Sunbee reversible rug, Amazon – the perfect earthy tones for your Boho vibe
- Yucca throw blanket, Anthropologie – if you’re looking for Boho products, look no further than Anthro!
- Bolton Aztec Flower rug, John Lewis – neutral and earthy colours
If you’re looking for Boho outdoor furniture, you cannot go wrong with lots of natural materials with rattan and wicker being the favourites. Rattan and wicker furniture can give a laid-back look, with low coffee tables and large comfy swing chairs. They are the perfect outdoor material for your furniture.
Add wicker side tables and an outdoor mirror to give the perfect backdrop to your tribal and earthy prints.
- Helsinki Outdoor cocoon chair, Next – the perfect sharer
- Hampstead Garden Furniture, Sofa.com – pure chic
- Zanzibar side table, ManoMano – the perfect place for your Pina colada
- Faux rattan garden mirror, Habitat – the garden is a great place to put a mirror
- Burford woven sofa, John Lewis – just add a book and a coffee
- Bonnlo Bistro Set, Amazon – see above, book and coffee!
- Amaya outdoor rattan table, Mad About Midcentury Modern – so nice I’d have it indoors
Read more >>>
10 Ways to Use Beautiful Biophilic Interior Design in Your Home
Add some frills
Continuing on from the layering up, make sure you add some frills to your layers. It doesn’t have to be just cushions and throws either. Parasols and hammocks with frills can really complement your bohemian style outdoor furniture.
Soft lighting, fire pits and candles are now a must in the garden for dusk and after dark. With all the soft textures and colours in your garden, soft lighting will help create a relaxed atmosphere even when the sun has gone down.
The light from a fire pit or candle can really highlight the soft earthy tones of your bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessories and if you think along these Boho vibes, your lanterns and lighting can look just as good during the day.
- Circular log store, Fire Pits UK – just add a fire pit…
- La Hacienda Alexis Steel Firepit, B&Q – perfect for the cooler nights
- Bronze Leaf Lantern, La Redoute – to match your firepit
- Moroccan table top lantern, Gardenesque – if you’re looking for a boho-style lantern, this is it!
- Hanging Solar lanterns, Gardenesque – I think these look just as pretty during the day as they do at night!
- Outdoor Fairy Lights, Lights4Fun – add that festival vibe
- Solar Garden Lighting, Sparkle lighting – hang a few of these from your trees
When I think of Bohemian vibes, I am often transported back to weekends spent at festivals with bell tents, bunting and acoustic bands playing in the background.
Using your bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessories to turn your garden into a mini festival is easy to do, just add someone with a guitar, scatter a few floor cushions around and toast a few roasted marshmallows over the fire pit.
- Safari bunting, Etsy – a twist on the traditional bunting
- Fringed canopy, Cox & Cox – keep that midday sun off your Pina colada
- Charlie Sprout Jute Faye pillow, Anthro – possibly my favourite thing on here!
- Woven/Knitted Pouffe Jute Cotton, Amazon – put your feet up
- Business and Pleasure Tommy Chair, Anthro – the perfect bohemian colours
- Kyoto Pouffe foot stool, Bean Bag Bazaar – matchy matchy with your Aztec cushion
- Faro Deck chair, The White Company – hat not included
- Tiki Bar, Von Haus – you need somewhere to make those Pina Coladas!
I hope you found something you liked in my round-up of bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessory ideas!
It is such a good trend for your garden and can easily be implemented with garden products and furniture that you already have. This boho trend will stay in style for many years to come.
More on Gardens >>>
Trex Composite Decking – How to Create a Stunning Garden Space
10 Ways to Update Your Garden Ready for a Sunny Spring