Bohemian style and Boho décor is described as carefree and creative, filling your homes with eclectic and interesting items full of life and culture.
Warm earthy colours and metallics are the perfect tones for Boho décor, with browns, greens and greys being the central colours.
Creating a garden full of bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessories with lots of layers and textures can create a wonderful garden vibe.
And the best thing? It’s really easy to do. Just fill your garden with things you love, from the places you’ve travelled to your favourite cushion.
I recently wrote about how to turn your garden into a Mediterranean oasis, this time it’s all about those laid-back festival vibes.
Think tassels, wicker, rattan, frills, rugs and earthy toned plant pots and you’re well on your way to creating a bohemian garden ambiance.
Bohemian Style Outdoor Furniture and accessory Ideas
Here are a few ideas to get you on your way.
There’s no better way to create an inviting and relaxing vibe in your garden than including bohemian style outdoor furniture and styling it up with lots of different textures and layers.
I am a huge fan of pattern in the garden and an outdoor rug is the perfect way to introduce it into your outdoor space.
Try and use rugs and cushions with earthy and tribal patterns which clash and dress your sofa and deck chairs with throws. The more eclectic the better, but stick to a similar colour palette.
- Aztec Terracotta cushion, beanbagbazaar.co.uk – Add a touch of tribal print to your garden.
- Outdoor Benito Kazak rug, John Lewis – to match your Aztec cushion
- Large Bosie Jango Rug, HM – you can’t go wrong with a jute rug in the garden
- Tasselled cushion cover, HM – stripes are the perfect contrast to Aztec prints
- Merida print garden cushion, John Lewis – a bolster cushion for the sofa or floor
- Sunbee reversible rug, Amazon – the perfect earthy tones for your Boho vibe
- Yucca throw blanket, Anthropologie – if you’re looking for Boho products, look no further than Anthro!
- Bolton Aztec Flower rug, John Lewis – neutral and earthy colours
If you’re looking for Bohemian style outdoor furniture, you cannot go wrong with lots of natural materials with rattan and wicker being the favourites. Rattan and wicker furniture can give a laid-back look, with low coffee tables and large comfy swing chairs.
Add wicker side tables and an outdoor mirror to give the perfect backdrop to your tribal and earthy prints.
- Helsinki Outdoor cocoon chair, Next – the perfect sharer
- Hampstead Garden Furniture, Sofa.com – pure chic
- Zanzibar side table, ManoMano – the perfect place for your Pina colada
- Faux rattan garden mirror, Habitat – the garden is a great place to put a mirror
- Burford woven sofa, John Lewis – just add a book and a coffee
- Bonnlo Bistro Set, Amazon – see above, book and coffee!
- Amaya outdoor rattan table, Mad About Midcentury Modern – so nice I’d have it indoors
Add some frills
Continuing on from the layering up, make sure you add some frills to your layers. It doesn’t jus have to be cushions and throws either. Parasols and hammocks with frills can really compliment your bohemian style outdoor furniture.
Soft lighting, fire pits and candles are now a must in the garden for dusk and after dark. With all the soft textures and colours in your garden, soft lighting will help create a relaxed atmosphere even when the sun has gone down.
The light from a fire pit or candle can really highlight the soft earthy tones of your bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessories and if you think along these Boho vibes, your lanterns and lighting can look just as good during the day.
- Circular log store, Fire Pits UK – just add a fire pit…
- La Hacienda Alexis Steel Firepit, B&Q – perfect for the cooler nights
- Bronze Leaf Lantern, La Redoute – to match your firepit
- Moroccan table top lantern, Gardenesque – if you’re looking for a boho style lantern, this is it!
- Hanging Solar lanterns, Gardenesque – I think these look just as pretty during the day as they do at night!
- Outdoor Fairy Lights, Lights4Fun – add that festival vibe
- Solar Garden Lighting, Sparkle lighting – hang a few of these from your trees
When I think of Bohemian vibes, I am often transported back to weekends spent at festivals with bell tents, bunting and acoustic bands playing in the background.
Using your bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessories to turn your garden into a mini festival is easy to do, just add someone with a guitar and a few roasted marshmallows over the fire pit.
- Safari bunting, Etsy – a twist on the traditional bunting
- Fringed canopy, Cox & Cox – keep that midday sun off your Pina colada
- Charlie Sprout Jute Faye pillow, Anthro – possibly my favourite thing on here!
- Woven/Knitted Pouffe Jute Cotton, Amazon – put your feet up
- Business and Pleasure Tommy Chair, Anthro – the perfect bohemian colours
- Kyoto Pouffe foot stool, Bean Bag Bazaar – matchy matchy with your Aztec cushion
- Faro Deck chair, The White Company – hat not included
- Tiki Bar, Von Haus – you need somewhere to make those Pina Coladas!
I hope you found something you liked in my round up of bohemian style outdoor furniture and accessory ideas!
It is such a good trend for your garden and will stay in style for many years to come.