If you are anything like me and always lastminute.com, you are probably only just realising that Father’s Day is NEXT SUNDAY!
And I bet you haven’t even started to think about what to buy your Father or kids Daddy to show them how much they are appreciated.
A bit like Christmas, where I am seen frantically dashing around Tesco on Christmas Eve, trying to find stocking fillers for my kids, I am also found frantically dashing around Tesco the day before Father’s Day trying to find unique gift ideas for my Husband.
Inevitably, he’ll end up with some amusing socks and a box of mint matchmakers. I hope he’s not reading this!
In fact, name any event during the year and you will be sure to find me dashing around a local supermarket the day before trying to find gifts.
However, this year I decided to be a little more proactive and look for some gifts before the event and I thought it would be a good idea to share a few ideas with you.
If you are my nemesis and are always super organised, then this blog post is probably not for you!
Father’s Day 2022 Gift Ideas
If you are looking to spend under £10 as the kids want to buy something with their pocket money, I have ideas! If you are looking to splash the cash, I’ve got a few ideas for that too!
I always find the men in my life difficult to buy for. My Dad was always a practical man and previous Christmas and Birthday presents included a new wooden toilet seat, a comical ornament for his bathroom light pull and a new kettle.
So, in memory of my wonderful Dad, I will throw in a few amusing gifts all Dads will appreciate
Gifts for Under £10
- Ecocube Chilli Plant Grow-Kits, Firebox – for the man who’s meal is never hot enough
- Marmite Popcorn, NOTHS – you either love it or hate it
- The Pub Quiz 2022, NOTHS – and you don’t even have to take your slippers off and go to the pub!
- Give It 10 Toilet Sign, MenKind – I think we all need one of these
- Hotel Chocolat Salted Caramel Chocolate Puddles, John Lewis – if this was in our house, I’m not sure how long my husband would have before we all got our hands on it
- All New Dad Jokes, Amazon – dad jokes are the best. Or so they say
- Dad Pork Pie, Fortnum & Mason – a pork pie for Dads
- Toilet Bowl Light, Firebox – have your own bathroom disco party
Gifts for Under £30
- After Steve, Amazon – How Apple became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost it’s soul
- Bedside Organiser, Amazon – or desk, or coffee table. They’ll never lose their wallet again
- Personalised toblerone, Selfridges – buy them ALL the chocolate. They’ll need “help” then!
- Globe cufflinks, John Lewis – does anyone go into the office anymore? If they do, these are perfect
- Wall mounted bottle opener, NOTHS – to catch those pesky bottle tops
- Personalised Modern Style Drinks Bar Runner, NOTHS – to sit along side that bottle opener
- Personalised Metal Street Sign, NOTHS – there’s a whole lot of personalisation going on here 🙂
- Personalised Premium Canvas Bag, NOTHS – his bag will stand out on that conveyor belt
Gift for Under £50
- Men’s suede mule slippers, The White Company – well, it would be rude not to include slippers!
- The Lyrics by Paul McCartney, Amazon – for all Beatles fans
- Pork Pie Gift set, Marks & Spencer’s – a proper treat to munch on
- British Letterbox Charcuterie, NOTHS – a meat feast
- Cheese Board and Knife Set, M&S – needing some cheese with that meat? They can impress all their friends with this stylish board
- Chess for 3, Firebox – intensify a chess game by throwing one more person into the mix
- Wahl Clipper Kit Deluxe, Look Fantastic – indeed, they will look fantastic with this set
- Kreafunk pocket bluetooth speaker, Smallable – let them listen to their favourite tunes wherever they go
Gifts for Under £100
- Moet & Chandon in a personalised tin, Selfridges – make that champagne gift that little bit more special
- Click & Grow Indoor herb garden, Amazon – they’ll never need to buy herbs again
- The Batman Batmobile Lego set, Lego – not just for kids
- SPRI exercise resistance bands, John Lewis – let them get physical
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 Instant camera with flash, John Lewis – go back to the Old School
- Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser Hot Chocolate Maker, John Lewis – he’ll never go back to instant hot chocolate again
- Men’s cotton-jersey robe, The White Company – you can’t go wrong with the White Company
- Discover your family tree, Ancestry – a lovely gift for men of all ages.
And a few unusual gifts for that dad who has everything…
Why not treat your dad to a Cameo celebrity appearance? My husband swears by this and so far, we have had Shirley Ballas (for my daughter. She’s a huge fan of Strictly), Charlie Sheen and Graham Cole. Don’t ask!
They’re always good fun though, so why not send a message to your dad from one of his favourite celebrities.
Does your Dad take charge in the kitchen? Is he a keen chef? Then how about getting him a cookery course down in Cornwall at Rick Stein’s Cookery School?
They can stay at one of their guest rooms and spend a day cooking whilst overlooking the fabulous Camel Estuary.
We got my Husband a weekend break in a tree house (I wrote about our stay in a Devon Tree House here) and we enjoyed every minute. Creating these kind of memories are unbeatable.
Is your dad a keen gardener? Then what about a BBC Gardener’s World Magazine Subscription.
Get all the latest news, tips and advice on gardening delivered directly to your door every month.
Hopefully you have found something for your Dad in this blog post and won’t find yourself in the local supermarket the day before trying to find something to give them!
I’ve already ordered a few bits from here, so if anything, it’s been a very useful blog post to write for me!