Easter has always been a time of celebration, renewal, and rebirth. It is the perfect time for people to come together with family and friends to celebrate, so why not think about decorating your home with Easter door hangers, wreaths and decor?
Decorating for Easter has grown in popularity over the last few years. Easter decor can range from colourful eggs and bunnies to beautiful floral arrangements and wreaths.
These decorations are not only beautiful but also hold symbolic meaning. Easter eggs symbolize new life, while flowers represent renewal and growth.
With Easter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how to add some festive decor to your home. This can include Easter door hangers, wreaths, Easter eggs, bunny décor, spring flowers and table settings.
Here are some of my favourite Easter decoration ideas to get you started:
- Easter Door Hangers
- DIY Easter door hangers
- Easter Wreaths
- Easter Wreaths as a centrepiece
- Easter Basket Centrepiece
- Decoupage Eggs
- Mantelpiece Decor
- Easter table runner
- Colourful Tulip Wreath
- Easter Tree Branch with Decorations
- Easter Table Setting
- Hanging Decorations
- Pinata Eggs for kids
- Easter Side Table Decor
- Easter Bunting
1. Easter Door Hanger
Door hangers are a fun and easy way to add some Easter decor to your home, and can be customized to match your personal style and preferences.
There are many different types of easter door hangers to choose from including –
- Bunny-shaped hanger made from cardboard, felt and decorated with ribbon
- Easter egg hanger with ribbon and twine
- Spring flower hanger with artificial flowers
- Chick hanger made from yellow felt and decorated with googly eyes and other embellishments
- Cross hanger – for a more authentic easter decoration
2. DIY Easter door hangers
If you’re feeling crafty, you can make your own Easter door hangers like the simple idea above.
There are many DIY door hanger tutorials available online that can help you create your own personalized Easter decor. Some popular DIY ideas include using grapevine wreaths, burlap for bows or decor, or even cardboard to create your own unique Easter door hanger.
Bunny door hangers can be made from a variety of materials like wood, fabric, or burlap. They can be painted, adorned with bows or ribbons, or even dressed up with accessories like hats or bowties. Bunny door hangers are a fun and playful way to add Easter decor to your home.
3. Easter Wreaths
Easter wreaths are a festive and creative way to add some decor to your home and front door.
If you fancy having a go at making your own spring wreath, you can easily create a bespoke and unique wreath for your home. Wreaths can be made from a variety of materials, including flowers, eggs, and other spring-inspired elements.
4. Easter Wreaths as a Table Centrepiece
Easter wreaths are not just for hanging on doors or walls; they can also be used as a beautiful and unique centrepiece for your Easter table.
A wreath made from fresh or artificial flowers is a classic and elegant option for an Easter table centrepiece. You can use a variety of pastel-coloured blooms such as hydrangeas, tulips, and daisies to create a soft and welcoming wreath.
Place the wreath in the centre of your table and add some candles or other Easter-themed elements for a festive touch.
5. Easter Basket Centrepiece
There’s no better way to welcome the Easter season than with an Easter basket centrepiece. These charming and colourful baskets are perfect for adding some Easter cheer to your home decor, and they can be customized to match your personal style and preferences.
Fill them with artificial flowers like these faux tulips I have at home (and highly recommend). Or, place a spring plant inside like daffodils or daisies.
6. Decoupage Eggs
Easter is a time of creativity and crafting, and decoupage Easter eggs are a fun and unique way to celebrate the season. Decoupage is a technique where paper or fabric is glued to a surface to create a decorative effect.
Here are some steps to make your own decoupage Easter eggs:
- Plastic or wooden eggs
- Easter-themed napkins or tissue paper
- Mod Podge or other decoupage glue
- Cut out the designs from the Easter-themed napkins or tissue paper. You can choose a variety of designs, such as bunnies, flowers, and eggs.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge or other decoupage glue to the surface of the egg using a paintbrush.
- Place the cut-out design on the egg and smooth it out with your fingers or a brush.
- Apply another layer of Mod Podge or glue over the design to seal it in place.
- Repeat the process with other designs, creating a collage effect on the egg.
- Allow the eggs to dry completely.
- Once the eggs are dry, you can embellish them with glitter, ribbon, or other decorations to add some extra sparkle and fun.
Whether you choose to display them in a basket or use them as a part of your Easter table setting, these eggs are sure to add a festive and creative touch to your spring decor.
7. Mantelpiece Decor
Decorating your mantelpiece is a great way to add some Easter cheer to your home decor. Whether you prefer a rustic or elegant look, there are many ways to create a beautiful and festive Easter mantelpiece display.
8. Easter Table Runner
Easter is a time for gathering with family and friends, and decorating your dining table is a great way to add some festive cheer to your celebrations. A table runner is a simple yet effective way to dress up your table for the occasion.
9. Colourful Tulip Wreath
A colourful tulip wreath is a beautiful and festive decoration to welcome the arrival of spring and Easter.
Tulips are one of the most popular flowers associated with Easter, and a wreath made from these beautiful blooms is a perfect way to celebrate the season.
10. Easter Tree Branch with Decorations
An Easter tree branch with decorations is a fun and creative way to bring some festive cheer to your home decor.
This is a huge tradition in Germany but its origins have been lost. The egg is an ancient symbol of life all over the world. Eggs are hung on branches of outdoor trees and bushes and on cut branches inside.
11. Easter Table Setting
An Easter table setting is a wonderful way to create a festive and welcoming atmosphere for your family and friends during the Easter season.
With some simple and creative touches, you can create a beautiful and personalized table setting that will impress your guests.
Here are some ideas for an Easter table setting:
- Add some fresh or artificial spring flowers to the middle of your table
- Use pastel colours such as pink, lavender and yellow for your table setting to create a soft and welcoming atmosphere
- Incorporate Easter-themed decorations such as Easter eggs, bunnies, and chicks into your table setting for a fun and playful touch.
- Use creative napkin rings such as floral wreaths, bunny ears, or Easter egg-shaped holders to add some fun and personality to your table setting.
- Add some candles to your table setting to create a warm and cosy atmosphere. You can use candles in pastel colours or decorate them with Easter-themed designs.
- Incorporate some natural and rustic elements such as burlap, twine, or wooden accents to add a charming and earthy touch to your table setting.
12. Hanging Decorations
Easter hanging decorations are a fun and festive way to add some Easter cheer to your home decor. They can be hung on walls, windows, doors, or anywhere else in your home that needs a pop of colour and whimsy.
13. Pinata Eggs for kids
An Easter egg-shaped piñata is a fun and festive way to celebrate Easter with family and friends. It’s a great activity to do with kids and adults alike and adds a fun and playful touch to your Easter celebrations.
Here are some steps to make your own Easter egg-shaped piñata:
- Large balloon
- White glue
- Crepe paper or tissue paper in various colours
- Candy and small toys for filling the piñata
- Ribbon or string for hanging
- Inflate a large balloon to the size of the piñata you want to make.
- Mix white glue and water in a bowl to create a papier-mâché paste.
- Cut strips of newspaper and dip them into the papier-mâché paste.
- Apply the strips to the balloon, covering it completely. Be sure to leave a small opening at the top for filling the piñata.
- Allow the piñata to dry completely, which may take several hours or overnight.
- Once the piñata is dry, cut a small hole at the top and fill it with candy and small toys.
- Cover the opening with crepe paper or tissue paper in various colours, using white glue to secure it in place.
- Cut additional strips of crepe paper or tissue paper in various colours and attach them to the piñata using white glue to create a colourful and festive design.
- Once the piñata is decorated, attach a ribbon or string to the top for hanging.
Your Easter egg-shaped piñata is now complete and ready for your Easter celebrations!
Hang it up and take turns trying to break it open to reveal the sweet treats inside. This fun and interactive activity is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike and adds a festive touch to your Easter celebrations.
14. Easter Side Table Decor
Decorating a side table for Easter is a simple and fun way to add a festive touch to your home during the spring season.
Whether you’re hosting an Easter brunch or just want to add some Easter cheer to your living room, a beautifully decorated side table can make all the difference and you’ll be glad you made the effort.
15. Easter Bunting
Easter bunting is a simple and fun way to add some Easter decor to your home. It’s easy to make and can be customized to fit your home decor style.
Whether you prefer a colourful and whimsical display or a simple and elegant one, there are many ways to create beautiful and festive Easter bunting.
Use a ribbon in pastel colours and patterns to create a simple yet elegant design. Create a bunting with Easter-themed words such as “Hoppy Easter” or “Happy Spring”. You can use colourful letters and add some Easter-themed designs to make it more festive.
Cut out egg-shaped pieces of paper or fabric in pastel colours and string them together with twine or ribbon to create a colourful and festive Easter bunting.
Easter is a joyous and festive holiday, and using Easter decor in our homes can help us celebrate and embrace the spirit of the season.
Easter decor adds colour, warmth, and a sense of joy to our living spaces, and can make our homes feel more inviting and cheerful. From colourful bunting and wreaths to Easter-themed table settings and centrepieces, there are many ways to incorporate Easter decor into our homes.
Whether you prefer a simple and elegant display or a whimsical and playful one, Easter decor can help us create a welcoming and festive environment for ourselves, our families, and our guests during the spring season.
Related posts >>>